The Town of Gawler recognizes the importance of having a member of staff devoted to youth development. The Youth Development Officer’s focus is to:
- Encourage and facilitate young people’s participation in community life
- Provide ongoing support and development of the Gawler Youth Advisory Committee
(Gawler Youth AC), ensuring relevant issues are referred to them for their advice and Council is informed of their views.
- Plan and deliver events which recognise and celebrate young people’s achievements.
- Promote information of interest to young people about services, facilities and opportunities within the local area.
- Assist in the planning, policy and other resource development to advance the Gawler community
If you are seeking information about:
- Available services and support for young people in Gawler
- Future events, programs or activities
- How you can get involved
- How you can have your voice heard
- Gawler Youth AC
- The Youth Development Plan
Contact our Youth Development Officer via email@example.com or 08 8522 9295.