Welcome to the Gawler Youth Film Festival
The Town of Gawler and its Youth Advisory Committee are passionate about developing local film makers. Film-making is an important way we tell our story. It entertains, inspires and helps to mark the world as we see it now for generations to come.
This film festival is designed to celebrate the creativeness and skill of our young filmmakers; to provide an opportunity for their work to shine publicly, receive community recognition and reward creative talent.
To enter you must either as a part of a group or as an individual be:
· Aged as at 25 June 2013
o Junior: 12-15 years of age
o Senior: 16-18 years of age
o Independent: 19-21 years of age
· A South Australian resident
· Not working professionally as a film maker
· Not have won any major prizes for your entry or be shortlisted in another competition for your entry
· Not already signed with a video production label or provide any freelancing services
· Not a member or immediate family members of the Gawler Youth Advisory Committee or Gawler Council employees
· Maximum of five (5) minutes in length
· All entries must fit the criteria of a G rated film as outlined by the Commonwealth Film Classification Board
· Format: must be able to play on a DVD.
· Entries are open to individuals and groups
· Only one entry per individual/group can be submitted
· Group entries are limited to a maximum of five (5) members and all members of the group must satisfy the eligibility criteria
· Entries must have been created no earlier than 25 June 2012 and must be your own original work
· Entries close 5.00pm AEST Friday, 5 July 2013
Prizes and Awards
· The judges will shortlist up to four (4) films per category
· Shortlisted films will be shown on the Festival Film evening on Monday, 19 August 2013 at the Gawler Cinema
· The Best Film chosen by the professional judging panel will receive:
o Junior Best Film: $150 cash
o Senior Best Film: $250 cash
o Independent Best Film: $350 cash
· This award will also be announced at the Film Festival evening
o People’s Choice Award: $200 cash
For the full terms and conditions refer to the ‘Terms & Conditions’ form.
To enter the competition download and fill out the ‘Permission and Entry’ and ‘Publicity Consent’ forms, fill these out and submit them with your film.
Permission and Entry Form - GYFF13(197 kb)
Publicity Consent Form - GYFF13(352 kb)
Terms and Conditions - GYFF13(328 kb)