Disability Access and Inclusion
The Town of Gawler along with the Barossa Council, Light Regional Council and Adelaide Plains Council have worked in collaboration to develop a Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (DAIP).
The aim of the DAIP is to improve access for all and increase the number of opportunities for people with disability that live, work, play, volunteer and visit in the Gawler, Barossa, Light and Adelaide Plains Council areas.
The DAIP includes two main components:
- The Barossa, Light and Lower North Regional Disability Access and Inclusion Plan; and
- The Town of Gawler Disability Access and Inclusion Action Plan.
The Barossa, Light and Lower North Regional Disability Access and Inclusion Plan includes the following elements:
- The role of Local Government in Disability Access and Inclusion.
- A snapshot of the region and demographic profile.
- Overview of disability discrimination, statutory awareness and aims and objectives of the DAIP.
- Development of the DAIP and the community engagement process.
- Regional priorities, implementation and review.
The Town of Gawler Disability Access and Inclusion Action Plan
Each Council has developed a detailed Action Plan relating to their specific Local Government area. The Gawler Disability Access and Inclusion Action Plan provides a range of actions and deliverables relating to the five priority areas of:
- Corporate Services
- Engineering and Infrastructure
- Community and Culture
- Development and Environment
The Town of Gawler Disability Access and Inclusion Action Plan will ensure that our community becomes more accessible and inclusive of people living with disability. It will help people within the community that are living with a disability to contribute to the Town and feel welcome, have access to services, visit local businesses and open public spaces, and participate in everyday activities.
These two documents can be found below.
- Barossa Light And Lower North Regional Disability Access And Inclusion Plan (597 KB)
- Town Of Gawler Disability Access And Inclusion Action Plan (951 KB)
For further information or to request the documents in hard copy please email email@example.com or call 8522 9208.