Arts on the Plains Art Exhibition
Showcasing 3 Art Exhibitions at the Gawler Civic Centre across the month of November…
2-30 November (Monday-Friday), 9.00am-5.00pm
Official Opening by Mayor Redman – Friday 6 November, 7.00pm
'Arts in the Right Place' (Gawler Community Gallery / Gawler Art Society)
- A collection of over 30 art works by local artists in mixed media formats. Their 'Arts In The Right Place' exhibition replaces this year's planned Gawler Community Gallery's Biennial Gawler Art Award.
- Overall Winner $500 - donated by the Town of Gawler
- Second Prize $250 - donated by Tony Piccolo
- People's Choice Prizes of 1st, 2nd & 3rd
'Texplorers' (Inspired by Plonk)
Niina Marni Café
Textile Art Works
- Group of 3 local textile artists, who were previous members of the now defunct 'Texplorers'.
'Here’s Looking At You' (Tineta Ellis)
Business Innovation Hub
Oil Pastels & Acrylics
- Tineta will be displaying over 60 pieces of artwork depicting animals (realism) in oil pastels and also in pop art style acrylics.
- Having no visual memory is quite a challenge for an artist!! Tineta starts each piece knowing only the medium/technique she will use, as she cannot pre visualise anything, and experience each work as it develops before her eyes. In the past 12 months Tineta has discovered techniques she can adapt which make detailed, 'real' animal portraits possible - a very satisfying breakthrough! This exhibition, entitlted 'Here's Looking At You', features these techniques in 68 new works of animals (dogs, cats, pocket pets, farm animals and birds) using either oil pastels (realism) or acrylic paints (mainly in pop art style).
All welcome. RSVP only required for Official Opening
Phone: 08 8522 9267