Hard Waste Service 2019-2020
The Town of Gawler is commencing an expanded Hard Waste Service for all residences (one pickup per dwelling) for 2019-2020.
“The hard waste service has been designed to complement Council’s existing community waste management system by providing a service that caters for the more bulky household items, those not easily deposited of in either the red, yellow and green bins” - said Mayor Redman.
The Hard Waste Service is limited to approximately 1500 services. Residents will have the ability to choose to have up to 2 cubic metres of eligible hard waste material collected from their property on a predetermined collection day, or drop-off one 2.1m x 1.5m x 2.0m single-axle (caged) trailer load to either:
* NAWMA Resource Recovery Centre on Bellchambers Road, Edinburgh North (Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm or Saturday and Sunday 9am-3pm),
* Eco Waste Solution 101 Kelly Road, Willaston (Monday to Friday 7am-5pm or Saturday 9am to 2pm)
The material that can be disposed of via the Hard Waste Trial included items such as:
* Furniture including carpets (must be rolled up) and mattresses.
* Refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, dishwashers & small kitchen appliances.
* Domestic household Items: e.g. toys, bikes, empty clean paint tins (with lids removed), car rims (not tyres) and other scrap metal.
* Electronic items (anything with a cord).
NAWMA’s Chief Executive Officer, Adam Faulkner said that: “By expanding our existing services in Gawler, relative to those provided to other subsidiary Councils, Gawler residents will be able to access a hard waste service that will complement the regular waste collection program and provide residents with another option of getting rid of hard waste.
Eco Waste Chief Executive Officer, Mark Baker said that: “I am extremely happy that Council has focused on a willingness to support local businesses by incorporating a local service provider where possible”.
For more information, and how to apply to be part of the Hard Waste Service, please refer to NAWMA on 8259 2100 or online at www.nawma.sa.gov.au or alternatively contact Council on 8522 9211.