Gawler Business Development Group
“Where your success in business matters”
The Gawler Business Development Group Inc. primarily represents the interests of Gawler businesses operating from commercial premises. Landlords of Commercial premises pay a ‘Levy’ for approximately 400 businesses who then automatically receive membership. Businesses who are not in commercial premises may join and pay a membership fee.
The objectives and purposes of the Gawler Business Development Group are:
- To promote and market the businesses of the Town of Gawler;
- To develop and adopt strategies to develop, manage, coordinate and fund marketing initiatives;
- To support and encourage the economic viability of businesses generally within the Town of Gawler Local Government region;
- To represent the interests of the business community;
- To provide business development opportunities to new and existing businesses.
The Gawler Business Development Group provides various marketing opportunities via:
- The Gawler Business Directory www.gawler.org.au, where 500+ businesses information and contact details are listed and promoted;
- In 2019 GBDG will produce and air a Gawler region television commercial;
- Social media – facebook, twitter and linkedin;
- Developing and managing events that draw traffic to the region including:
Annually – Business Conferences, Expos and Festivals plus high profile guest speakers, networking opportunities.
Monthly –Workshops, forums and business development programs,
Additional services and events offered with a much broader focus on engaging small business owners and managers into peer networking and information sharing are being implemented.