Small Business Friendly Council
The Town of Gawler is a proud participant of the Small Business Friendly Council Initiative and is a signatory of the Australian Supplier Payment Code.
Small Business Friendly Council Initiative
The Small Business Friendly Council Charter is an initiative of the Office of the Small Business Commissioner.
As a participant of this Charter, Council is committed to:
- Implementing activities to improve the operating environment for small business within Council’s area.
- Establishing a business advisory group (if one does not already exist) to assist Council’s understanding of small business in its area;
- Implementing a procurement policy which recognises and supports local small businesses wherever possible.
- Paying undisputed invoices from small businesses within 30 days.
- Implementing a timely and cost effective dispute resolution process to manage disputes.
Australian Supplier Payment Code
As a signatory to the Code, Council is committed to:
- Pay small business suppliers within 30 days (subject to conditions)
- Pay all suppliers on time
- Provide clear guidance about payment procedures to suppliers
- Work with suppliers to improve invoicing and payments practices
- A process for resolving payment disputes and complaints
- Basic reporting on company policies and practices in place to comply with the Code.