Home Assist Program
The Gawler Home Assist Program is operated by the Town of Gawler to provide early intervention services to older people, younger people with a disability and their carers within the Town of Gawler.
Home Assist Program
The services of the Gawler Home Assist Program are available to Council residents who are ageing (over 65 years), physically frail, have a permanent disability (under 65 years) or who are carers of these people.
A wide range of services are available to support people to remain living independently in their own home. This includes:
- Basic Domestic Cleaning Assistance
- Minor Home Modifications (installation of rails and ramps, tap and door handle replacements, door reversals)
- Assistance with basic Personal Care, following illness or hospital admission
- Minor Home Maintenance and Repairs (changing light globes and smoke detector batteries, fixing locks and dripping taps and minor carpentry works)
- Occasional Gardening Maintenance Services (please note gardening services are primarily for function and safety purposes)
- Annual services (eg. gutter/window cleans)
- Social support, including shopping assistance and friendly visiting
For residents aged under 65 years with disability, all enquires can be directed to a Gawler Home Assist Team member on 8522 1177. Alternatively, please access a referral form via the link below and a member of our team will contact you.
The Gawler Home Assist Consumer Reference Group are clients within the Program, who meet with staff one a month to:
- Represent the views of consumers within the Program
- Provide ongoing feedback regarding the service and its operations
- Actively contribute to ongoing Service improvement
- Help collate materials and write articles for the consumer newsletter
The Consumer Reference Group is always seeking new client representation. If you would like to have your say and contribute to the further development of the Program, please speak to one of our friendly team on 8522 1177.