Home Assist Program
The Gawler Home Assist Program is operated by the Town of Gawler and aims to assist eligible residents to remain living independently within their own community. This is achieved through the provision of a range of subsidised services which supports people to maintain their own health, safety and wellbeing within their home environment.
Home Assist Program
The services of the Gawler Home Assist Program are available to Council residents who are aged over 65 years and registered with My Aged Care as well as people with disability aged under 65 years, who are not registered with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
A wide range of services are available to support people to remain living independently in their own home. This includes:
- Basic Domestic Cleaning Assistance
- Minor Home Modifications (installation of rails and ramps, tap and door handle replacements, door reversals)
- Assistance with basic Personal Care, following illness or hospital admission
- Minor Home Maintenance and Repairs (changing light globes and smoke detector batteries, fixing locks and dripping taps and minor carpentry works)
- Occasional Gardening Maintenance Services (please note gardening services are primarily for function and safety purposes)
- Annual services (eg. gutter/window cleans)
- Social support, including shopping assistance and friendly visiting
For residents aged under 65 years with disability, all enquires can be directed to a Gawler Home Assist Team member on 8522 1177. Alternatively, please access a referral form via the link below and a member of our team will contact you.
The Gawler Home Assist Consumer Reference Group are clients within the Program, who meet with staff one a month to:
- Represent the views of consumers within the Program
- Provide ongoing feedback regarding the service and its operations
- Actively contribute to ongoing Service improvement
- Help collate materials and write articles for the consumer newsletter
The Consumer Reference Group is always seeking new client representation. If you would like to have your say and contribute to the further development of the Program, please speak to one of our friendly team on 8522 1177.