MEASLES ALERT: We have been notified of a case of measles in an 8-month-old baby girl from interstate who spent time in Adelaide while she was infectious. Anyone who is not fully immunised or who was in the locations listed below should be alert for symptoms and see their doctor if they become ill.
Measles is highly contagious, particularly among people who are not fully immunised, and can be contracted by other people up to 30 minutes after an infected person has left the area.
If people believe they are showing symptoms of measles, they should phone their GP ahead of their visit and mention why they are attending so precautions can be taken to avoid spreading disease to others.
More information about measles including symptoms, treatment and prevention: https://goo.gl/NdGkgE.
• Tue 1 May: Emirates flight EK 440 travelling from Dubai, arriving in Adelaide 8:05pm.
• Tue 1 May: Adelaide Airport, 8:05pm-10:30pm.
• Wed 2 May: Adelaide Metro bus route 400 from Elizabeth to Salisbury, 8:30am-9:20am.
• Wed 2 May: Adelaide Metro train route travelling from Gawler to Adelaide, 8:50am-9:50am.
• Wed 2 May: Commonwealth Bank, 96 King William Street Adelaide, 9:30am-10:20am. • Wed 2 May: Department of Human Services, Naylor House, 191 Pulteney Street Adelaide, 9:50am-1pm.
• Wed 2 May: Commonwealth Bank, 96 King William Street Adelaide, 12:45pm-1:30pm.
• Wed 2 May: Coles, 21-39 Grote Street Adelaide, 1:15pm-2pm.
• Wed 2 May: Migrant Health Service, 21 Market Street Adelaide, 1:40pm-3:15pm.
• Wed 2 May: Adelaide Central Market, 2:45pm-3:50pm.
• Frid 4 May: Adelaide Metro bus route 400 from Elizabeth to Salisbury, 2pm-3pm.
• Frid 4 May: North West Medical Centre, 1 Park Terrace Salisbury, 2:40pm-3:30pm.
• Sat 5 May: Adelaide Airport, 1pm-2:30pm.
• Sat 5 May: Qantas flight QF 585 travelling from Adelaide, arriving in Perth 3:30pm.