Meetings and Events
The Gawler Civic Centre’s meeting and event spaces are a feature in the iconic and culturally significant State Heritage listed Institute and Town Hall buildings.
We can provide a tailored package for up to 250 guests in The Institute, with our preferred caterer Niina Marni Kadlitiya Café.
Our meeting and event spaces provide a central and stunning community space for bespoke community and corporate celebration, enjoyment and connection.
Only 55 minutes north of Adelaide, the Gawler Civic Centre provides four distinct event spaces and ten intimate meeting and break-out rooms. We can cater for up to 600 persons across the fully accessible Civic Centre site.
We look forward to your visit and for the opportunity to show you our magnificent spaces…a venue like no other!
The Institute Event Spaces and Town Hall Meeting Rooms are equipped with state of the art audio visual technology and Wi-Fi. They are versatile spaces that can be setup in a variety of formats.
With direct access to an onsite caterer and other local business options, our team will work with you to meet your catering needs.
The Institute is suitable for all types of corporate, social and community functions, including conferences, expos, seminars, gala balls, wedding receptions, quiz nights, presentations, cabaret performances, birthday parties and more. The Institute has a total capacity to seat 250 in an historic and stunning venue, exuding a sense of prestige and grandeur.
The refurbished Town Hall provides a range of private meeting and workshop spaces. These rooms suit community and corporate meetings, workshops, staff training, interviews and counselling. They can also be a perfect temporary office space.
Institute Event Spaces and Town Hall Meeting Rooms
The Hall is our premier event space within the Institute. Architecturally significant with grand 7 metre high ceilings and beautiful heritage windows providing extensive natural light.
The Hall can cater for function groups up to 210 and features an intelligent audio-visual system including a 7,000 lumens projector, 180” motorised screen and line array sound system.
Theatre layout - 203pp
Banquet layout - 150pp
Cocktail layout - 210pp
U-Shape layout - 40pp
The Council Chamber provides a versatile event and meeting space. 120 guests can be catered as a cocktail event, 112 theatre style or 90 in a banquet set-up.
Quality audio-visual equipment will compliment this flexible space – 5,500 lumens projector, 140” motorised screen and a full council audio system.
Boardroom layout - 32pp
U-Shape layout - 22pp
Theatre layout - 112pp
Banquet layout - 90pp
Cocktail layout - 120pp
The prestigious James Martin Room delivers a wow factor for any special occasion. Enter the James Martin Room via the magnificent staircase and celebrate your event on the balcony overlooking Murray Street. Integrating nineteenth century heritage with modern, contemporary architecture, this light-filled room exudes grandeur.
The James Martin Room can cater for up to 72 guests for a cocktail event or is a perfect pre-function space when using the conjoined Hall.
A significant and historical part of the State Heritage listed Institute, is the Gawler Institute War Memorial Balcony – officially unveiled in 1931 – dedicated to the memory of those lost in World War One.
Cocktail layout - 72pp
Theatre layout - 68pp
Boardroom layout - 22pp
Banquet layout - 30pp
The Seating Gallery is an intimate meeting space. Operable walls allow this area to open into both the Council Chamber and Hall spaces for larger events as required. Separately, the Seating Gallery can cater for groups up to 35 guests, or 16 boardroom style.
Boardroom layout - 16pp
Theatre layout - 35pp
Cocktail layout - 35pp
Banquet layout - 20pp
Ten private meeting and workshop rooms provide guests with an intimate space for community and corporate purposes. These historic rooms are located across the lower ground, ground and first floors of the Town Hall building, with a standard boardroom set-up that is flexible to suit your booking purpose.
Lower Ground Floor Meeting Rooms - 4pp - 6pp (4 rooms)
Ground Floor Meeting Rooms - 4pp - 14pp (3 rooms)
First Floor Meeting Rooms - 4pp - 10pp (3 rooms)
As part of the Hire of Gawler Civic Centre Venues Policy, the following ‘Hirer Concessions’ apply to the Town Hall Meeting Rooms:
4.2 Special Community Hirer Concession – free Town Hall Meeting Room hire for all Town of Gawler registered* community hirers, during business hours (9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday).
*registered address within the Town of Gawler and/or demonstrated Town of Gawler activity
- Four beautiful event spaces that can be configured in a variety of formats – individual capacity of 35 through to 210, total capacity of 250.
- Ten intimate meeting rooms that can be configured in a variety of formats – individual capacity of 4 through to 14.
- High speed Wi-Fi internet connection.
- State-of-the-art audio-visual presentation technology in The Institute and some Town Hall Meeting Rooms.
- Native, cultural and traditional catering options, designed by the team from Niina Marni Kadlitiya Cafe.
- On-site team building activities:
- Cultural Heritage Gallery and Research Centre
- Gawler Business Innovation Hub training and mentoring sessions
- Native food workshops and demonstrations
- Aboriginal cultural workshop
- Off-site team building activities:
- Walking and Driving tours – guided or self-walking/driving – Church Hill State Heritage Walking Tour, Gawler Historic Main Street Walking Tour, Gawler Driving Tour, E.H. Coombe Walking Tour and Gawler River Paths – Tapa Pariara
- Bush tucker tours at the Adelaide International Bird Sanctuary
- Sport and Recreation activities
- Bike Hire
Venue Hire Documents
- Hire Of Gawler Civic Centre Venues Policy
- Gawler Civic Centre Venue Hire Booklet
- Gawler Civic Centre Hire Rates
- Gawler Civic Centre Application to Hire Form
- Niina Marni Kadlitiya Cafe Catering Packages
- Civic Centre Parking Flyer
- Gawler Accommodation Guide
Stay up to date with all that is happening at the Gawler Civic Centre by liking our Facebook page.
For more information on hiring the Gawler Civic Centre please contact the Civic Centre Operations Coordinator, Sam Irrgang: Phone: 8522 9267 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org