Home Assist Program
The Gawler Home Assist Program is operated by the Town of Gawler and aims to assist eligible residents to remain living independently within their own community. This is achieved through the provision of a range of subsidised services which supports people to maintain their own health, safety and wellbeing within their home environment.
Home Assist Services
The services of the Gawler Home Assist Program are available to Council residents who are aged over 65 years and registered with My Aged Care as well as people with disability aged under 65 years, who are not registered with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
For residents aged under 65 years with disability, all enquires can be directed to a Gawler Home Assist Team member on 8522 1177 or email@example.com. Alternatively, please access a referral form via the link below and a member of our team will contact you.
The Gawler Home Assist Consumer Reference Group are clients within the Program, who meet with staff once a month to:
- Represent the views of consumers within the Program
- Provide ongoing feedback regarding the service and its operations
- Actively contribute to ongoing Service improvement
- Help collate materials and write articles for the consumer newsletter
To view our latest Consumer Reference Group Newsletter, Connecting Consumers by Consumers for Consumers - Edition 24.
The Consumer Reference Group is always seeking new client representation. If you would like to have your say and contribute to the further development of the Program or just come along for a friendly chat, please speak to one of our friendly team on 8522 1177 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charter of Aged Care Rights
The Charter of Aged Care Rights aims to make it easier for aged care consumers and their families and carers to understand what they can expect from an aged care service provider, regardless of the type of service they are receiving.
Charter of Rights
I have the right to:
- safe and high quality care and services
- be treated with dignity and respect
- have my identity, culture and diversity valued and supported
- live without abuse and neglect
- be informed about my care and services in a way I understand
- access all information about myself, including information about my rights, care and services
- have control over and make choices about my care, and personal and social life, including where the choices involve personal risk
- have control over, and make decisions about, the personal aspects of my daily life, financial affairs and possessions
- my independence
- be listened to and understood
- have a person of my choice, including an aged care advocate, support me or speak on my behalf
- complain free from reprisal, and to have my complaints dealt with fairly and promptly
- personal privacy and to have my personal information protected
- exercise my rights without it adversely affecting the way I am treated
More information on the new Charter of Aged Care Rights is available through the following link -
Aged Care Quality Standards
The Aged Care Quality Standards apply to all Australian Government subsidised aged care services, including the Gawler Home Assist Program. They help to define what good aged care should look like.
There are eight standards, and each one is about an aspect of care that contributes to your safety, health and well being.
More information on the new Aged Care Quality Standards can be found at the following link:
Become a Home Assist Contractor
The Gawler Home Assist Program is always looking for independent contractors to become a part of our Program. If you are interested in becoming a contractor for our program, please complete a copy of our Independent Contractor Application Form.