Customer Service Charter
Council has a critical role in nurturing, enhancing and guiding the Gawler community towards its vision for the future. We achieve this through continual implementation of Council’s Community Plan.
The Community Plan talks about organisational excellence and its policies, practices and procedures to deliver excellent customer service and open decision making.
We will strive towards being a responsive customer service team both external and internal with one of the key priorities being good communication to customers.
We are committed to providing our community with quality customer service. We will achieve this by:
- Being responsive to your needs
- Recognising and respecting your diverse requirements
- Consulting with you on matters that will affect you
- Continually improving our service
When dealing with Council you can expect the following:
- Prompt and courteous service delivered in a professional, friendly and helpful manner
- Your information related to privacy matters treated confidentially and with respect
- Staff identifying themselves, their role and their contact details
- Immediate attention to and resolution of your enquiry or if this is not possible prompt referral to the appropriate person as per Council's complaints policy and procedure documents
- Return phone calls within two working days of receipt and correspondence (including emails) within ten working days
- Your communication recorded to facilitate further reference to your enquiry or request
Your feedback is valuable in assisting to improve our service to you. A Customer Feedback Form can either be downloaded or is available from Council’s Reception Areas. You may also wish to provide feedback via our Elected Members.
How can you help us to help you?
You can help us meet our service commitments by:
- Identifying yourself and your request clearly
- Providing information that is accurate and complete
- Advising us of any changes to the information that you provide
- Treating our staff, volunteers and other customers with mutual respect