Early intervention and proactive measures are the best options for deterring graffiti in the community. Council's Graffiti Removal Program operates three days a week providing a rapid response to instances of graffiti.
Graffiti is a visible, anti-social crime and 'rapid response' is the best proven answer for graffiti reduction. You can assist Council and SAPOL to reduce unsightly graffiti:
- Report all graffiti to SAPOL on 8522 0400, or if the act is witnessed ring 131 444.
- Please note time, date of the graffiti offence and take a photograph for SAPOL.
- If the graffiti is on your property, please remove it as soon as possible.
- If you cannot remove the graffiti on your private property you can ring 8522 9211 for advice on the best removal method.
- Report any graffiti you notice in the Council area, so that it can be removed as soon as possible.
- Report any suspicious behaviour you observe to SAPOL on 8522 0400.
For information about the Graffiti Removal Program or assistance with graffiti removal contact: