Building Upgrade Finance Scheme
The Town of Gawler is pleased to announce that from 1 July 2019, Building Upgrade Finance will be available to non-residential building owners in our council area.
Building Upgrade Finance is a finance product available to non-residential building owners to fund a wide range of environmental improvements, and for restoration and upgrades of heritage buildings. It differs from traditional finance in that repayments are collected via the Council rates collection process. This arrangement means the loan is secured by the land rather than the building owner which allows financiers to offer more attractive loan terms and provides additional unique benefits to building owners.
What are the tangible benefits?
- No upfront capital required
- Attractive loan terms resulting in improved cash flow
- Ability to attract and retain tenants as a result of upgrades
- Costs of upgrades can be shared with benefiting tenants
- Fixed quarterly repayments through the Council rates system
- When selling, remaining repayments can be passed on to the new owner as part of the negotiation process
For more information on building and upgrade scope and eligibility, financier options and contact details and the application process, please contact the Building upgrade Finance Central Facilitator for South Australia, Lara Daddow, on: +61 8 8203 7884 or firstname.lastname@example.org