Budget Fees & Finance
In order for Council to function in an effective and efficient manner it is necessary for extensive finance and accounting services to be provided internally throughout the organization.
Most of these services are prescribed as mandatory legislative requirements under the authority of the Local Government Act 1999, the Local Government (Financial Management) Regulations 2011 and the Australian Accounting Standards. These requirements include the following:
- Adoption of an Annual Budget and Business Plan
- Quarterly reviews of the Annual Budget
- Preparation of a Long Term Financial Plan
- Adoption of applicable Fees and Charges
- Preparation of the Annual Financial Statements and accompanying notes
- Review of financial internal controls
- Management of the Audit Committee.
The Annual Financial Statements and financial systems in operation are required to be audited annually by an independent external auditor with the objective of obtaining unqualified audit opinions in relation to both the Annual Financial Statements and the financial internal controls.
Fees and Charges
Monthly Financial Reports
Quarterly Budget Reviews
- 2019 March Quarterly Budget Review (715 KB)
- 2019 January Quarterly Budget Review (711 KB)
- 2018 November Quarterly Budget Review (10.01 MB)
Budget and Business Plan
- 2019 2020 Budget Business Plan (7.81 MB)
- 2018-2019 Budget Business Plan (2.54 MB)
- 2017-2018 Adopted Budget Business Plan Including Long Term Financial Plan (4.28 MB)
- 2016-2017 Adopted Budget Business Plan (2.52 MB)
- 2015-2016 Adopted Budget Business Plan (3.30 MB)