The Town of Gawler produces a range of publications including our Annual Report, Master Plans and Strategies.
- 2018-2019 Annual Report
- 2018-2019 Annual Report - Attachment 1 - Financial Statements
- 2018-2019 Annual Report - Attachment 2 - Northern Adelaide Waste Management Authority Annual report
- 2018-2019 Annual Report - Attachment 3 - Gawler River Floodplain Management Authority Annual report
- 2017-2018 Annual Report (14.26 MB)
- 2016-2017 Annual Report (6.99 MB)
- 2015-2016 Annual Report (9.76 MB)
- 2014-2015 Annual Report (7.27 MB)
- 2013-2014 Annual Report (13.54 MB)
- 2012-2013 Annual Report (15.47 MB)
The Gawler Community Plan 2017-2027 is our community’s highest level strategic document and a reflection of our future aspirations for Gawler.
It is an evolving and living document, meant to be used at all levels of the Town of Gawler and informed by ongoing community consultation.
As Gawler continues to grow, documents such as the Community Plan will be crucial to enable our community and Council to be focused on maintaining our fundamental vision for Gawler which is ‘A liveable, cohesive, active, innovative and sustainable community’.
Gawler Community Plan 2017-2027
- Application For Community Banners (302 KB)
- Section 221 - Application to alter or occupy a road Form (309 KB)
- Application For Use Of Gawler Logo (181 KB)
- Change Of Address Form (90 KB)
- Direct Debit Application Form (Rates) (187 KB)
- EPA Burning Application Form (239 KB)
- Expiation Dispute Form (204 KB)
- 222 Permit Form - Application to use a Public Road/Footpath/Council Land for Business Purposes (266 KB)
- Section 7 Search Application Form (128 KB)
- 2019-2020 Rates Payment Arrangement Form
The Town of Gawler has developed its Environmental Management Plan (EMP) to guide environmental performance within Council’s operational practices and planning activities. The EMP also provides a framework for Council to support environmental improvements through collaboration with community and business stakeholders.
The Environmental Management Plan establishes Council’s environmental vision, objectives and actions to guide practical and feasible environmental improvements. The five core focus areas include:
- Built Environment
- Resource Management
- Climate Change
- Riverine and Natural Environment
- Community Culture.
Environmental Management Plan
Gawler is the major regional centre for the wider Barossa and Lower Mid North Region of South Australia. We are the fastest growing Local Government area in South Australia. Growing at a rate of nearly 2% per annum, which is twice the State average, many families and newly retired people are choosing to settle in our town which has a regional catchment of 110,000 people and growing.
Gawler is a designated growth area identified by the South Australian Government and this is likely to continue.
Town of Gawler's vision for the community is a 'liveable, cohesive, active, innovative and sustainable community'. To achieve this vision, Council has identified critical infrastructure and other initiatives that will build a strong, regional economy.
I therefore commend to you the iconic projects in this prospectus that will create economic prosperity for Gawler, the region and for South Australia.
These strategic projects deliver on regional, state and national social and economic policies that focus on creating jobs, a skilled workforce and strong community. Leveraging of existing investments, these projects will realise more than $670 million of economic benefits and create hundreds of jobs just in the construction phase alone.
As a strong local government team, we want to talk to you about how we can make this happen.
This is our goal … investment and jobs, it’s that simple.
To view the Gawler Invest Iconic Projects brochure click HERE
The Gawler Urban Rivers Project was initiated in 2009 with a goal to improve Gawler’s urban waterways, with a focus on the protection of river health, the conservation of biodiversity, and the provision of an interconnected and accessible parkland network.
This project was managed by the Town of Gawler with funding contributed by the Department of Regional Australia, Regional Development and Local Government under the Better Regions Program. The Gawler Urban Rivers Project has delivered to the Gawler community:
▪ 8km of shared bicycle and walking paths (to be known as Tapa Pariara, or the Gawler Rivers Path - see Figure ES.1);
▪ five new bridges and river crossings;
▪ weed removal and revegetation works;
▪ stream stabilisation works; and
▪ this Master Plan.
The Gawler Urban Rivers Master Plan has been formulated to provide the Gawler community with a guiding tool for the future management of Gawler’s river corridors. The Master Plan provides a review of river health, biodiversity, heritage and recreation studies, an analysis of key management issues, indentifies opportunities and recommends actions to maintain, improve and complement the unique attributes of Gawler’s urban rivers. Gawler Urban Rivers Master Plan
Council receives a large number of development applications relating to land divisions in new estates each year which contribute to the urban growth within the Town of Gawler.
Each new land division creates public realm infrastructure that is required to support these new communities. The aim of the Guideline is to communicate standards and requirements (ie quantity and quality of open space and associated infrastructure) for open space areas that aligns with Council’s standard operational service levels.
The Design Manual outlines Council’s standardised materials and furniture suites for use within open spaces and civic areas. The Open Space Guideline and associated documents are available for download below.
A series of Fact Sheets have been created as quick reference for:
- Tree Species Guide
- Roadside Verges
- Steep Creeks
- Bond & Infrastructure Agreements
- Open Space Checklist – Approvals and Handover
If you require further information relative to the Open Space Guideline, please contact The Town of Gawler:
By phone: 8522 9211
In person: Gawler Administration Centre, 43 High Street, Gawler SA 5118
Via email: Council@gawler.sa.gov.au
- Open Space Guideline (4.72 MB)
- Design Manual (2.08 MB)
- Fact Sheet 1 - Tree Species Guide (367 KB)
- Fact Sheet 2 - Roadside Verges (413 KB)
- Fact Sheet 3 - Steep Creeks (546 KB)
- Fact Sheet 4 - Bond Infrastructure Agreements (426 KB)
- Fact Sheet 5 - Open Space Checklist - Approvals Handover (245 KB)
- Combined Documents (8.12 MB)
- Gawler and Surrounds SMP Stormwater Management Plan Draft - Pages 1 to 33
- Gawler and Surrounds SMP Stormwater Management Plan Draft - Pages 34 to 57
- Gawler and Surrounds SMP Stormwater Management Plan Draft - Pages 58 to 72
- Gawler and Surrounds SMP Stormwater Management Plan Draft - Pages 73 to 131
- Appendix A - Habitat and Erosion Potential
- Appendix B - Hydraulic Modelling Summary Report
- Appendix C - Gawler River Levee Bank Discussion
- Appendix D - Development Potential Discussion Paper
- Appendix E - Cost Estimates for Mitigation Strategies
- Appendix F - Flood Inundation and Hazard Maps
The purpose of this report is to review the planning and development policies contained within Council’s Development Plan to ensure they are consistent with the South Australian Planning Strategy, Council’s Strategic Plan and community aspirations.