In reviewing the Youth Development Plan it is essential to engage directly with Gawler’s young people and get their views about how we are tracking, what is being done well, and what things can be improved. The Youth Development Plan 2013 - 2018 can be found below.
Engagement with young people will be achieved via two stages:
- Youth Summit 2017, that took place on 26 October, 2017. The Summit involved speaking directly with school student leaders and seeking their views on the Plan and youth issues in general.
- ‘Imagine if…. Hub’, that will take place at the end of Term 1, 2018. This will bring together classes of students, other young people, services providers and parents to share their views on a range of youth issues and topics.
The Youth Summit 2017 involved a range of interactive components including:
- Issues Poll – using emoji paddles to gain quick feelings based responses to a broad range of youth related topics.
- Lounge Chat – related to the top four issues raised from the Issues Poll.
- Blackboard Walls – ideas of what can be included in the new Gawler Civic Centre Youth Space.
- Message in a Bottle to the Mayor – provided students an opportunity to make comment and raise issues directly to the Mayor and other community leaders.
- Imagine If… Film – students highlighted their local concerns and local solutions. The link to the film is below.
If you would like to be involved in the review of the Youth Development Plan or are interested in attending the ‘Imagine if…. Hub’ in 2018, contact Youth Development Officer, Ebony Steadman: firstname.lastname@example.org or 8522 9295