In reviewing the Youth Development Plan it is essential to engage directly with Gawler’s young people and get their views about how we are tracking, what is being done well, and what things can be improved. The Youth Development Plan 2013 - 2018 can be found below.
Engagement with young people is ongoing and occurring via several stages. Two of the main sessions have included:
- Youth Summit 2017, that took place on 26 October, 2017. The Summit involved speaking directly with school student leaders and seeking their views on the Plan and youth issues in general.
- ‘Imagine if…. Hub’, that took place at the end of Term 1, 2018. This brought together more than 700 local students to share their views on a range of youth issues and topics.
The Youth Summit 2017 involved a range of interactive components including:
- Issues Poll – using emoji paddles to gain quick feelings based responses to a broad range of youth related topics.
- Lounge Chat – related to the top four issues raised from the Issues Poll.
- Blackboard Walls – ideas of what can be included in the new Gawler Civic Centre Youth Space.
- Message in a Bottle to the Mayor – provided students an opportunity to make comment and raise issues directly to the Mayor and other community leaders.
- Imagine If… Film – students highlighted their local concerns and local solutions. The link to the film is below.
The 'Imagine if.... Hub' involved a range of interactive stations whereby young people provided feedback about their priority issues and topics including:
- Knowing what's going on in Gawler.
- Mental health.
- Access to spaces and places.
- Transitioning through school and life skills.
The review of the Youth Development Plan continues. If you would like more information or want to have some input please contact Youth Development Officer, Ebony Steadman: email@example.com or 8522 9295