Gawler Sport & Community Centre
Gawler Sport and Community Centre
Gawler Sport and Community Centre
Please be advised that the Gawler Sport and Community Centre will be reopening to its regular capacity on Thursday 5 July 2021. As a result of the Emergency Management Directives implemented, please see below the updates to our operations and Programs:
- Room capacities will increase to 1 person per 2 metres square and 1 person per 4 metres square when exercising.
- Programs such as Skating, Gentle Fitness and Birthday Parties will recommence as of Friday 6 August 2021.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this time and are glad you have you back at the Centre in some capacity.
Gawler Aquatic and Recreation Centre Conditions of Entry
- Use of Gawler Aquatic and Recreation facilities is done so at your own risk. In the event or occurrence of an accident or incident, Gawler Aquatic and Recreation and Services staff will provide first aid to the level of their training and call emergency services if necessary.
- Visitors of Gawler Aquatic and Recreation Centres are required to comply with current South Australian Emergency Management Directives and COVID-safe practices.
- Gawler Aquatic and Recreation Centres are a smoke and vape free facility. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas outside of the facilities.
- Drugs and alcohol are not permitted within Gawler Aquatic and Recreation Centres. Patrons who are under the influence of drugs and or alcohol will be removed from the Centre.
- Glass, in any form, is not permitted to be brought into any Gawler Aquatic and Recreation facility.
- Gawler Aquatic and Recreation Services Centre Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any member of the public into either the Gawler Aquatic and or Recreation Centre.
- Gawler Aquatic and Recreation Services accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to any personal property while utilising its facilities.
- Gawler Aquatic and Recreation Centres promote a family friendly Environment. Threatening, offensive, discriminative, vulgar behaviour and public nuisance will not be tolerated. Patrons exhibiting such behaviour will be removed from the Centre by either management or police and will be issued with a Letter of Patron Removal, excluding them from re-entering the facility.
- Photography is not permitted within the Gawler Aquatic and Recreation Centres unless an Electronic Device Policy form has been signed and a red wristband issued by a staff. All conditions within the electronic device policy must be adhered to.
- All instructions from Centre staff must be adhered to. Failure to comply with staff instructions will result in removal from the Centre.
- Gawler Aquatic and Recreation Services utilise security cameras in the interest of staff and public safety. Gawler Aquatic and Recreation Services Management reserves the right to use security footage for security and investigational purposes.
- With the exception of assistance and service animals, pets are not permitted to enter Gawler Aquatic and Recreation Centres.
- Children under the age of 10 are not permitted entry to Gawler Aquatic and Recreation Centres without being accompanied by a parent or guardian or a responsible person aged 16 years or older. Responsible persons must actively supervise the minors in their care while in the facility.
Skate Floor Rules
- No food or drink allowed onto the skate floor.
- Do not pick up and or carry anyone while you are wearing skates.
- Foul, vulgar or abusive language or behaviour will not be tolerated and is to be reported to staff.
- Jumping over or skating on the barriers is prohibited.
- Skaters should not use or talk on mobile phones/electronic devices while skating.
- Playing tag and fast skating (except during specific times), pushing, inappropriate forms of stopping and interfering with other skaters is strictly prohibited.
- You must wear skates on the skate floor unless you are an adult helping a child to skate around the outside of the skate floor.
- ALWAYS travel in the general flow of skaters when entering and exiting the skate floor.
Failure to comply with any of these conditions can create an unsafe and unpleasant environment for all users. Patrons disregarding these conditions will be asked to leave Gawler Sport and Community Centre, with no refund.