Development, Planning & Building
From Friday 19 March 2021 all Development Applications in South Australia will be processed under the new Planning and Development System. From this date much of the information and processes below will no longer apply.
Click here to find out more.
Development Applications and Approvals:
- I want to build - find out if you need Development Approval
- I want to lodge a Development Application - everything you need to lodge an application with us
- I have a Development Application with Council - check on its progress, submit additional documents/plans, or notify us of building work
- Development Information Sheets
- Development Forms
- Applications on Public Notification
- Council Assessment Panel (CAP)
Other Development Information:
- Building Information - Information and legislation applying to building in South Australia
- Advice for Neighbours Affected by Development - What rights do you have? Where can you go to seek advice?
- Heritage Properties - Information on regulations, grants available for restoring Heritage properties
- Online Resources - Zoning and land use maps, development approval data, and links to other Government websites.
- Town of Gawler Development Plan
- Strategic Policy - Information on the legislation governing development in South Australia
- Town of Gawler Local Heritage Transition DPA and Heritage Review