In the lead up to the Christmas, which is a key period for local businesses and their customers, Council has resolved implement a number of temporary car parking initiatives in the Town Centre to improve the availability and convenience, these include:
- Creation of 90 temporary all-day parks on Goose Island
- Extending existing 3 hour limits in Council's Tod Street, High Street and the Visitor Information Centre off-street car parks to 4 hours.
- Increased promotion of existing and under utilised all-day parking options, such as the 60 unsealed car parks at Murray Street South (land abutting SA Water Depot).
The temporary all-day parking trial on Goose Island will operate within the following parameters:
- Available from Monday 2 December 2019 to Tuesday 24 December 2019;
- Open at 7am and closed at 8:30pm (gate locked overnight);
- Monitoring will occur on daily basis by Council Community Safety Officers; and
- Morning watering with a water cart to reduce dust and mitigate potential fire risk.
We encourage members of the public to take advantage of these opportunities over this busy period, and support local businesses.
Please refer to the attached map of where you can park in the Town Centre over the Christmas period.