About and Contact Details
Youth Development Officer
Location: Gawler Civic Centre, 89-91 Murray Street Gawler
Phone: 08 8522 9295
Location: 43 High Street Gawler East 5118
Phone: 08 8522 9211
The Town of Gawler recognises the importance of having a member of staff devoted to Youth Development. The Youth Development Officer's focus is to:
- Encourage and facilitate young people’s participation in community life
- Provide ongoing support and development of the Gawler Youth Advisory Committee ensuring relevant issues are referred to them for their advice and Council is informed of their views.
- Plan and deliver events which recognise and celebrate young people’s achievements.
- Promote information of interest to young people about services, facilities and opportunities within the local area.
- Assist in the planning, policy and other resource development to advance the Gawler community
Youth Development Plan 2013-2018
Below you are able to download Gawler's Youth Development Plan 2013-2018. This Plan is a set of practices used by sevice prioviders, schools, programs and commnities to empower young people to reach their full potential.
Through this Plan Council commits to providing all young people within the Town of Gawler with positive experieinces and opportuntiies that must enhance young people's strengths and capacity; affirm them as community contributors, as well as shapers of their own future. Gawler recognises young peeople as active citizens in our community, embraces their voices to be included in decision making.
*Please note this plan is currently under review
Download Youth Development Plan 2013-2018 HERE