Good news! Our libraries are open and have returned to their normal hours of operation. It’s great to see our community can once again enjoy our facilities and staff cannot wait to assist you. With your help we will be able to return to full services in the coming months, however, in accordance with South Australian COVID-19 Directions, our libraries are operating with a number of restrictions in place. It is vital that all instructions are followed.
- Do not attend the library if you or anyone in your group has any symptoms of cold or flu
- Wash hands or use the hand sanitiser provided when entering and exiting the premises
- Keep 1.5 metres distance from others
- Grab and Go borrowing – please make your selections in a timely manner to allow others access
- Self-checkout of library items only
- Maintain appropriate personal hygiene practices (especially covering coughs and sneezes)
Please note that the 24-hour after-hours returns chute at the Gawler Civic Centre is available as normal.
For the latest reliable information on COVID-19 please refer to the following sources:
General questions - Call the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787
We also have the Gawler Library's new newsletter Shelf Talk now available from either of our library locations. Do you follow us on Facebook? Or maybe you don't use social media. You're in luck! Our newsletter is full of the kind of content you can find on our social media channels. Our most recent edition of Shelf Talk is now available from staff at the front desk or the table in the foyer. Filled with lots of information, great reads and recommendations, activities and fun ideas. Please help yourself and let us know what you think!